quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A New Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 7:11 AM    Post subject: A New Life Reply with quote

Hello everyone. It seems like ages since I've posted anything. It amazes me at how much life can change in just a few short months. I recently celebrated 2 years quit and I couldn't be happier about that.

I write this as I spend the last morning in my home of almost 12 years. Many of you know that I've had a time with being lonely, depressed and just feeling out of place in life since I quit smoking. Well, that is all about to change. My counseling has been going well and so has life. I have a new job located about 200 miles from where I live now. I am relocating to an area that will provide many opportunities for me and my boys. I have worked with my counselor during this transition to ensure that I'm not running away rather moving forward. It is like a dream come true and I am so excited!!!!

I also have a new love in my life. A person that has been around for several months yet I dismissed his feelings for me. One day it just clicked that this guy was by my side no matter what and he wasn't a bad guy at all. Who knows what will happen now since I'm moving.

The point is, I have been through the rocky road of the quit. I have been through the identity crisis. I have learned so much about myself these last two years and now I am finally ready to take what I've learned and put it all into practice with a fresh start at a new life. One full of golden opportunities and challenges that I welcome.

I wanted to check in and share my joy with all of you. You shared my tears and gave me hugs when I needed them and now I would like it if you would celebrate the joys with me as well. Thanks for being there. I'll continue to check in from time to time and help where I can.

New quitters, Don't ever give up. Quitting is a sould searching, life changing experience. Enjoy it!!!!!

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 8:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful way to begin my day -- reading your very up-beat post. You've certainly done a complete turn-around from a few years ago, Lady. How exciting your new life sounds and how very ready for it you sound. Once again, I'm sending you huggs (((((Lady))))) but this time they're hugs of joy for you. Stay in touch.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 10:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear it, lady! thanks for checking in. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Lady!! Very Happy

It is so good to hear that life has turned around and you are enjoying so much of it now!

Congrats on the new job and new love! Wink

Hope the move goes well, and yeah...don't be a stranger! Very Happy

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 4:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear it is all coming together for you Lady Smile

Essie
4/14/04
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2007 7:06 PM    Post subject: I knew.... Reply with quote

Well how proud we all are.... I knew you had it in you Lady - you are one smart cookie and you're grand as can be. Makes me smile deep in my heart - you rock girl! And bless you for letting us all know you're doing well. I always wonder about both you and Free (who we haven't heard from in a while) and I'm so happy for you and the boys - and as to the boyfriend well let nature take its course on that - sometimes it's the nice guys we tend to overlook..... glad you finally noticed him if he'll be good to you and the boys too......

Super hugs girl and keep it up, you're shining like a new penny now!

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: July 20, 2007 6:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many heppy thoughts to you, Lady Laughing It sounds like you have worked hard these past couple of years to get to this point and it is so meat to hear you are reaping the rewards of all of that hard work....Patty
DreamWalker

Quit Date:
July 10, 2007

PostPosted: July 29, 2007 10:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very AWESOME!

2 years WOO HOO to you!

Thank you so much for coming back to share your journey with us. As a newb it is soooo nice to hear the success of those ahead.

So happy for you and your boys!

Rock on Lady!
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 29, 2007 10:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I am so excited for you and your boys. Wishing you the best.
Patty

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2007 7:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to meet you Lady and may I say what an inspiration you are to all of us!

Well done to you! You sound so strong and courageous and that gives me strength too. I am so happy that your life is moving forward and that you have achieved so much! Well done and may you continue to reap the rewards of all your hard work! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: