quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking at patterns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 8:30 AM    Post subject: looking at patterns Reply with quote

yesterday I decided im quiting. looked up a support group and asked questions. Today is the day start changing those habits. 3 cigs brfore i move in the morning (lol)is my norm . I had one decided to do some yardwork.. you do it early before it gets to hot. 7:30am its 82 all ready.
so now im tired dirty and covered in mosquito bites. Great lol so now i have to go some alcohol for the bites really (lol).
patty
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 8:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patty

Keep busy today, and try to stay away from things that will stress you (if possible) You can do it!!!

Lisa
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping busy and the mind occupied is so helpful when quitting. WTG on recognizing those challenge times and making the adjustments to overcome those times. Patty, you're definitely on the right track!!

Keep going and keep doing the program at FFS.

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that helped me was for the last few weeks to smoke somewhere that I rarely go (in my case a side porch).

Sounds like you are making good changes! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 12:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty - keep "practicing" not smoking when you normally would. It will help you have some confidence as you approach your quit date - YOU will be in control and not old Laughing Demon !

Start reading and understanding what quitting will do to you mentally and physically. Keep taking it one day at a time and start telling yourself that YES....YOU CAN QUIT!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 10:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing a great job Patty! Way to go! it is great recognizing your triggers and trying to work on them now. Well done!
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 10:55 PM    Post subject: end of this day Reply with quote

well its the end of day for me. I have some serious work to do. I cut back today change some habits smoked less then a pack. first time in about 2 years.
Drinking water really help. Trying to find that relax time. Rolling Eyes without a cig is weird. We quit smoking in the house years ago that really helps.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 11:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relaxing time can be a bit of a challenge. It does feel weird to begin with. Be patient...it will all even out. I found purposely setting my mind on something during those relaxing moments helped. It kept my mind from drifting to the thought of smoking. You might also try cutting a straw down to the size of a cigarette to hold on to or suck on. It gives the hands something to do. I personally used a cinnamon stick instead of a straw.

Also you might consider reading, crossword puzzles, or such as a substitute activity during this time. Something you enjoy doing to unwind. Listening to music and concentrating on it, or watching tv and totally concentrating on the movie. Comedy is great right now when quitting. Laughing is good right now!!! Keeps a lighthearted mindset.

You're doing great!!! Big Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 28, 2007 11:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have picked up my old loved hobby of reading! I am loving it! Haven't read like this for years and it is oh so lovely to relax again and not have to get up and out all the time for a cigarette!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2007 1:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Patty,

Hope today is going good.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 5, 2007 1:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patty,

I hope today is going good for you, too. And I just want to say you really do put some good posts on here! I really enjoy reading them. I think you already know a lot about quitting! That should help you a lot, and you are just a plain smart woman!

About the finding "relaxing time," people have given you great ideas, but I just remembered that I haven't posted the "101 Things To Do Instead of Smoking" for a while. I'll do that now...look for it under "Staying Quit" Forum. (I think I got it from someone else, but don't remember who.) A good thing to do with it, is categorize into Sub-groups to fit your life-style.

Always post if you feel over-whelmed, and wait for 5 replies. Do not smoke.

YOU can do it!! Very Happy

Margaret
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 5, 2007 7:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement. I started the chantix today. I did get a headache for a little bit but not enough to bother me.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 6, 2007 5:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Not long now! Wink Soon you'll be free! You might set the first day quit as a celebrating day...reward yourself with something...you have put in alot of effort and committment into getting quit...and that deserves a reward! Wink Very Happy

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: