quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How are you doing Jennifer- Please Post!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jelli

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 5:27 PM    Post subject: How are you doing Jennifer- Please Post! Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer
I know this is a really tough day for you but you can do it!!!!!
Please post and let us know how you are hanging in there
Cathy
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I lasted about 2 days and I didn't make it. I am smoking not as much but I am. I am unsure at this point what to do. i really want to quit but I juat doubt myself so much now. I have tried this 3 times already. I am feeling very depressed and ashamed. I have people I know getting on to me for smoking but they have never smoked in there life so they have no idea what I am going through....guilt, depression, remorse, angry, frusrated, ashamed all at myself! I am at a loss right now guys. I signed up for a smoking class but that isn't until July and I don't want to wait that long. Besides we go on vacation in July and I may have to reschedule anyway. I wasn't going to post but I saw this post and I knew I needed to reply. I still feel really strong about quitting but I just don't know if I have the strength. No one can make be feel strong but me. Thanks for caring and I will not quit quitting!!!!

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 2:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer,

Have you tried fading first? You can use the pack track exercise to identify you most important cigs and then cut out the rest. Maybe if you could get you use down you wouldn't suffer so much at once. Just a thought.

I wish you peace.

alison
Jelli

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 2:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer
Was this a cold turkey attempt? I'm just asking because I am using the patch and I don't think I could do it without it. I know there are different methods that work for different people- and that you have to find the one that works for you - but if you haven't tried it yet maybe you should. Have you tried any kind of NRT? It works for me because not only does it control my cravings and make them almost tolerable- it also lets me know that if I ever cheat i have to take the patch off and wait about 2 hours or I could have a heart attack. (I experience a little nicotine overdose with the lozenge and it was terribly unpleasant so I definately don't want to risk that again)
Again, i dont' want to say that the patch would work for everyone- but it seems like you really want to quit and if the last method you tried didn't work then maybe a different approach will!
Also- what was the trigger this time that sent you back to the cigs? You can learn something from this so don't feel defeated- just feel better prepared to defend yourself from the nicodemon in the future.
You can do it!!
Please post again!
Cathy
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 2:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, You have to believe that you can do this. You also need to set your quit date for 3 weeks out and do the program at FFS. You are getting in to big a hurry and are not prepared. Honey slow down and do the program as directed. Very Happy You can do this.

As for the folks getting onto you that has never smoked. They don't understand and can not. Let what they say go. You need to be focusing your time and energy in learning about nicotine addiction and geting free once and for all. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 5:56 PM    Post subject: Hey Jen! Reply with quote

Tammy's right Jen. Take all three weeks to do this. Smoke for those three weeks knowing that they will be your last but at the same time you are educating yourself on the how's and why's and what to do's. I swear to you that three weeks is what did my quit for me 'cause I felt like I was prepared. When I woke up that first night sweaty and confused I knew I'd be alright cause I had read about it. I also knew others on the boards had gotten through it and so could I. Take your time, your want is there but you need to work on the how. Please keep trying.
John
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 7:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others who have advised you to take your time before starting another quit. I was worried about your starting back so soon after your last failure. You have to get better prepared, Jen! Take the time to really get ready.

Tom

No more in 04!

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 8:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen-

Take the advice of everyone that has posted- go on FFS and work your way through. The best thing you can do is ignore everyone who is making you feel guilty about smoking- those that have never dealt with it have no right to criticize. Screw 'em. You have to quit for yourself, that's the only reason.

I hope that this is not the last we hear from you!

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 8:07 PM    Post subject: We're here for you Reply with quote

Dear Jen,

First of all, quit beating up on yourself. So you slipped. You're not the first and you certsinly won't be the last.

I read all the responses you've received and wholeheartedly agree. Go to FFS and work the modules. Give yourself the entire three weeks lead-time before quitting. Don't cut back on the amount you smoke; just keep your "quit date" in mind and know you can do it.

The evening prior to my quit date, my husband and I broke all my cigarettes into little pieces and threw they away. We also pitched my lighters and ashtrays.

You can do this if you really want to. We're all here to help you at any time. Just post to the boards even before your next quit date.

Living free for 1M, 3W, 22H, 40M & loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 8:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen
Patience my friend patience. I wholeheartedly agree with the feedback you have gotten. I know you want to quit and have it over with immediately, but it just don't work like that. Be nice if it did. but go to FFS, throughly do all the lessons in every module of it. Read at whyquit, read Kevin's tales and read all the articles at FFS. Slow down and do this one lesson at a time just as it is written. That is what I did even though I thought some of the lessons were silly.....I did them. I wanted to quit so bad. Don't worry about your smoking right now. Smoke as much as you want until you get to your quit date. You don't have to stress about that at all......just focus on education and preparation. You are going to do this. Don't give up ...... we are not giving up on you. You will succeed.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: