quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

grumpy guts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 10:27 AM    Post subject: grumpy guts Reply with quote

day 3. all fine. except the depression monster keeps popping up and saying "ahhh, life is rubbish...you're not happy here....you need to change things....you're wasting your time"....whereas a few days ago when smoking it was full of sunshine and excitement.

grrrrr i remember why i hate smoking...it's because it does this....we only notice it's grip on us when we try and stop....

grrrrrrrr go away black cloud.

Hope
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 2:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Hope! Stay close to the boards too. When I quit my dh was already almost 2 months quit. He was like all over it and couldn't figure out why I was depressed and a basket case. Everyone here kept me sane!
It will get better!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 3:44 PM    Post subject: Re: grumpy guts Reply with quote

Hope wrote:
....we only notice it's grip on us when we try and stop....

Well, uhhh, yeah!! Laughing When we were smoking it was getting it's way and was quite content ruining our lives for us! Wink Now, you've stopped and it's not happy! And is throwing one heck of a temper tantum to get it's way!!! ...that is it's fix!

Stand your ground...THIS WILL PASS! Be patient in this....knowing it only last for a temporary time. Concentrate and focus on something else to do...occupy the mind with something.

You can do this...just take it a day at a time...and stand your ground!! And hey, go reward yourself today...It's day 3...time to do something nice for you.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 3:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight Depression, Hope. Where"s the Cravinator when we need her?

You hang in there, you hear? don't let old Scowling Demon whisper in your ear!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 5:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on Hope. Kick Laughing Demon in the head and tell him to shut up.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 6:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight the battle and win your freedom...you can do it! Keep it going Hope!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 8, 2007 8:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not trying to Quit you have Quit Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 9, 2007 3:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody wrote:
Your not trying to Quit you have Quit Wink

oh yes....so I have.....oh! Smile

(but then i'm no fool, i've been here before)

And Tammy I did kick Laughing Demon in the head. Well, I more sort of ignored him. he wasnt happy but he did slope off somewhere else. Off in some dark corner hatching a plan to come back and get me today I'm sure...ahh well, I'll be ready for him.

Just had a very fattening but delicious chocolatey croissant breakfast. Thats my treat, YUM.

Hope
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: August 9, 2007 6:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it seems that the depression, anxiety, the flat affect, the flatness of life, the lack of fun, or how ever you want to describe it, is what ends up being the reason we give for relapse.....if the depression isn't just momentary, if you think you are going to relapse because you can't deal with it, why don't you go see your doc.....and if need be, a therapist, anything that will get you through this.....just don't smoke!!!!! Also, as Melody said, don't think in terms of "TRY"......you are quit, embrace that and don't give yourself an out......

Stay with us here.....we are all ready and willing to help.

Patty
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 9, 2007 8:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh gosh no, it's not that serious - i'm only on day 4! it's temporary grumpy gutsness....as I say, last week all was sunshine and roses.
Life really is good. I will remmeber that when the beast bites.

thanks

Hope
Blue Cloud

Quit Date:
July 4, 2005

PostPosted: August 9, 2007 9:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope, It hasn't been that long for me so I remember well those day of just being down. I would have times when I would just cry. I was told the brain has to adjust without the nicotine so I just accepted that and hung on to the days I already had. I was at day 20 when the cloud just seemed to lift from over me. What a glorious day that was. That is when I first thought I can really do this. Don't get me wrong, I still have bad times. I have smoked for 47 years and I am addicted to nicotine. The not one puff ever applies to me NOPE. The sweet thing about it is I no longer feel like I can't smoke. I now know I don't want to smoke. Just that change of thinking did wonders for me.
BLUE CLOUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: