quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very trying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 15, 2007 9:28 PM    Post subject: Very trying Reply with quote

This evening has been very trying!!!! The nicodemon has been tapping on my shoulder all night. wow what a pain in the butt. I actually caught myself pacing up and the hallway not knowing where to put myself. Had fiesty words with hubby. All i can think of is I need a cig. So I came here to post. I actually feel better now.. lol

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 15, 2007 10:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patty,

Pace, rant, or rave....it'll all pass...just don't let those dreaded thoughts become a reality! Wink A little over a month...yep...seems about right! Ole Scowling Demon waits till opportune times to do a sneak attack. I've found around the 5th to 6th week to be a ugh time....and then between 2 and 3 months....and now in my 5th month...yep, had some of those thoughts myself...accompanied by stress, turmoil, and just the plain hell that life can dish out sometimes. But...you know what...they are just thoughts...and they don't control me! And those thoughts you are having and those urges...they don't control you either. You!!! make the choice to listen to them and act on them or the choice to say NO to them and just go on living (or pacing in your case Wink Laughing ). It'll get better...promise...just don't listen or heed the dreaded voice of the past...and keep walking in the freedom you have won! Stand your ground in other words...don't give up any ground you've already won back! Wink

And go kiss Hubby! Laughing If nothing else, it'll make him wonder..."what the?" and keep him guessing! Wink Laughing Laughing

Hang tough Girl!

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 15, 2007 10:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the best things you can do is just vent, and you came to the right place for that, patty - rant and rave; it'll kill the crave! (it seemed awfully poetic at the moment... Wink )

the truth is, the craves go away all by themselves, whether we choose to feed them or not, but if we choose not to feed them, they come less and less frequently, and with less and less intensity, as time goes by.

you're doing great! keep up the good work! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 2:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty,

oh the mean ole demon!! I remember those times!....but he will leave....that's a promise! Just do not feed him. Posting is the best thing to do.....then try throwing things Laughing but they can't be made of glass, and definitely NOT at hubby!

You are doing great. Cool Smile I see you are over a month now! GRRREAT!! What was your reward? Do you need another one? Get it, get it! You deserve it!

And remember the urge will leave whether you smoke or not. so do NOT!!

HUGS Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 9:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty,

It is good to to get it out of your system so I'm glad you did. You did exactly what was needed and as you said you already felt better after posting. You are doing good, Patty.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 10:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read your rant until this morning. Everyone's right -- this is the perfect place to rant and rave about the powers of Scowling Demon . We've all gone through it and can sympathize with what you're going throug.

Stay strong and stay free. It's really worth the effort.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 2:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job! Think past the thought of lighting up and smoking - think about what comes after that....think about the fact that it'll be just minutes before your body and brain demand ANOTHER fix of nicotine....and what that really means....

Keep working through the crave - find new and improved coping mechanisms and always have a plan to stay smoke-free! Good job! Keep it going!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 3:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patty ~ Posting here was the right thing to do! Follow all the suggestions you've gotten here, but most of all DON'T SMOKE!

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 16, 2007 11:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to drink ice water or cranberry juice until it passed.....the cranberry juice seemed to make it go away faster...but that was probably because it made me pucker up so much...it was a mental thing...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 17, 2007 11:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone,

I couldnt figure what was so wrong with me. I had words with hubby. I wanted to quit my job. I wanted to move out of florida. I was NOT happy. This went on for about 30 mins. Then bam it hit me in the head how bad I wanted a cig.
Yes I apoligized to hubby, no I dont want to move. But I still want to Quit my job lol.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 17, 2007 11:50 AM    Post subject: Baby look at you now! Reply with quote

And -- even with all that stress and bother of nicodemon - you still did not smoke..... now isn't that grand? You have proved you are stronger than the addiction - keep up the great work. So proud for you!!!!!!

I think that was my biggest moment of truth was hitting a snag when I thought dammit I am going to smoke now cause I can't take it anymore.... then realizing that even if I smoked the snag would still be there.... lightbulb flash in the giant economy size -Wink

Once you beat him in a tight spot, you got it..... got the hang of it....

Way cool eh?

Happy Monday!!!!!

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 4, 2007 11:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im back from my trip. I still feel down I'm just going along with the flow. But theres this underlaying feeling like somethings not right. I stopped the chantix about 2 days ago.

Patty
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 5, 2007 2:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty,

Just wait it out! It does ease and get better. I had that feeling of unsettledness. It lingered for a while, and it's nerve racking. Just coming off the Chantix may add to the feeling also.

The body is still adjusting and the whole brain chemical process going on upstairs....which affects our feelings and moods is adjusting also. Be very, very diligent at this point in your quit. That uneasyness can lead to relapse if you don't handle it with the understanding as part of the process and just wait it out.

It seemed to help and lift when I began to just live life regardless of that feeling. Totally focusing on the day's business, and stuff that needed done, etc and not giving much thought to the uneasyness (now, that's the hard part! Wink ) Also, laugh!!!! And constantly go over the benefits of the quit...be thankful for the new you and content with the choice to quit. Also, now is a good time to look at routines that may need adjusting....because they just don't work with the new you. Alot of things and the ways I do stuff has changed since I quit. Not all things, but there have been adjustments I've made or have happened. Go with the flow of these and don't fight it....don't wish for the past way of doing things. Quitting brings changes....and we, as people, generally don't like to change. Even little changes can irrate us, if we let it.

Deep breathing, positive outlook, and understanding it's just part of the process and it won't last forever. These help.

Glad to see you back.....keep going and standing your ground. Wink

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2007 2:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep taking it one day at a time...just for today - choose life and freedom. Get through today - and tomorrow you get to choose again. Try to not let the thought of "forever" get you spiraling down. It can be very daunting...just stay in the moment and watch the "self-talk" - if its negative - flip it around and try to make it positive. If you catch yourself saying "this is too hard"...don't go there - start a list of all the positive things about quitting...and never forget those reasons you start this journey. You are going it!! Hang out here...and always ask for help if you need it....and then wait until someone shows up to help. Or read some of the tales....Keep it going!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: