quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

update in threegrand
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 11:28 AM    Post subject: update in threegrand Reply with quote

hi everyone Exclamation just wanted to catch you up with things going on in my life....(for previous info go to "life beyond the smokescreen." dated 11/29/06 "for all my concerned friends." as you know i haven't been as active in my writting for quite a few months now, but have really noticed how wonderful it is to see so many people responding to people needing help on this site, especially to the newbies.....when i started in 04 there wasn't as many of us to help, but we were a real close bunch Exclamation Exclamation well anyway,,,,,,,,previously i had lung, bone and brain CA.....i have kept that at bay since 2002.....unfortunately this april i was diagnosed with 3 tumors in my brain.....( cerebellum 2 the size of bb's and 1 6mm) i was able to have the gamma knife again this time.....(non invasive surgery) thank god.....i am doing fine and to look at me, you would never know anything was wrong.....my friends laugh and say i am the only one they know who has ca and gains weight Exclamation Very Happy (i'm on a diet) i can't even use steroids as an excuse, i'm not taking any Shocked anyway, i'm still typing with my right hand because of the radiation neuropathy in my left arm and hand, but that gets tired at times because i use it all the time....... my children and grandchild are wonderful and all close by if i need any help....i think they panic a little when i get sick because their father passed away 18 yrs ago of ALS (he was only 42.)anywaymy friends, i just got back from Poland Spring,maine on vacation with 3 of my friends....we had a ball Exclamation the weather was beautiful and sitting in the rocking chair on the verander, we could see the beautiful white mountain, witch i love to hike Exclamation i'm REALLY LONG WINDED TODAY HUH Laughing ,i'll close for now........gail Very Happy
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 11:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail!

My dear, you get the all time award for endurance, strength, patience, positive outlook, never give up, and faith!!! Wink Very Happy To face and go through all you have...well, I'd put you up for nomination for sainthood!

I'm glad you are getting better and beating the big C. Kick butt Girl!!! Wink And I have to say....I envy you....MAINE! Just my favorite place of all. It is so beautiful and peaceful! Sounds like you had a great time.

Love and Big Hugs Gail!!
Keep Healing Cool

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 12:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi deb.....yes maine was great.....we were able to do some hiking and even saw a beautiful red fox.....i have been following you on your new quit....your doing great deb,,,,,i know how hard it can be....nice hereing from you.....gail Very Happy
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 12:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gail...that means alot. Very Happy

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's great to see you, gail! glad to hear you had a good time in poland spring (i love maine; i used to go there at least once a year - wells beach is a favorite). glad to hear that the surgery went well, and i have to say, you're about the best one-handed typist i know. Wink

have you ever heard of dragon naturally speaking? it's voice recognition software that lets you talk to your computer; you can write letters, surf the web, open programs, all by voice. it's pretty amazing and easy to use; i love it.

their website is at http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/ - you might want to check into it. it costs $99 for the standard edition, but that also includes the microphone and everything you need to use the software.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 3:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kevin........wells, maine is great also......the ocean is a little chillier then rhode island, but very REFRESHIING....thanks for giving me the site for dragon naturally speaking, i don't think i need it just yet, but will definately check into it.........gail Very Happy
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 4:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail - its always great to see you posting - Your Maine vacation sounds like it was fun and relaxing and very enjoyable! You really are a fighter and I'm glad you are winning this latest round with the help of the gamma knife. Technological advances are amazing. You continue to inspire me as you lead the way with your terrific quit.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 5:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind words mary.....i am still praying for your safety..... gail
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 5:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good to hear from you again, Gail. Thanks for the update on your health -- you're one strong, positive woman.

Your trip sounds terrific. It's wonderful to be able to take time to enjoy God's creation. Of course, home and family are also pretty terrific.

I know it's difficult for you to type but please stay in touch. Can you believe that we've all passed that 3 year mark?

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 6:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jo.....i'm so proud of us all for still being quit.........i'm so happy that this great site has really grown alot.....we have some awesome new quitters.....this site is soooo helpful and caring.....gail Very Happy
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gail ~ I'm happy to hear you are doing so well and kicking the big C to the curb. Maine sounds wonderful, I've never been to the east coast but you make it sound worth the trip! You're so right about the great bunch of quitters here ~ don't know where I'd be without my quit friends! Love hearing from you, Gail. Have a great evening and keep taking care of YOU!

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2007 8:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gail,

Boy have you been through a lot. A vacation sounds great and I'm glad you had one. It is nice to hear from you again.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2007 4:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks essie and barbara k. its nice hearing from both of you...gail Very Happy
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2007 12:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu can definately see God working in you! THe joy, strength, faith, etc.

If I was right there I would be giving you the biggest hug!!!!

God Bless and I too also love Maine.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 2, 2007 3:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the kind words londa........even my drs. can't believe with lung, bone and brain ca twice, i;m still around Shocked (i'm sure god definately has something to do with that) alot of people mentioned they love maine.....we should have a reunion up there......i stayed 2 nights and it only cost $180......that encludes all you can eat breakfast and diiner.....they also have an 18 hole golf course, lots of walking space and beautiful views.....its on 800 acres where poland springs water source is, plus the history of poland springs in a musium.......(i sound like an advertisement Wink ) if people want more info look up poland springs inn, poland springs. me....... gail Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: