quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

49 hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jelli

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 11:41 AM    Post subject: 49 hours Reply with quote

Well I made it through 2 days!
Last night was really tough- and I'm not looking forward to another one like that! I really hope it gets easier soon! When will it get better?? Will my body adjust to this patch soon and stop craving?

Today is my mom's birthday and I can't wait to tell her I quit. I told her several months ago that I would quit June 1st - but I can't wait to tell her that not only did I quit- I have 2 days behind me. Unfortunately she is out of town and i can't get in touch with her.

Thanks everybody for all of your support and encouragement!

Cathy
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 12:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great quit you have going Cathy. You are doing wonderful. Be sure and keep your substitutes close and keep drinking your water.

What a great Birthday present for your Mom.

What are you going to do to celebrate three days? It's the first real milestone you know and requires a reward.

I wish you peace.

alison
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 12:51 PM    Post subject: go girl Reply with quote

Do you have the right strenght patch on? When I used a patch on one of my many attempts Didn't seem to have craves real bad. Although everyone is different. Sorry can't say when it will get better,but it will get better. All are different. I had bad hell week then not bad heck week, and then3rd week threw me for a loop.

How proud your mom will be of you ! What a birthday present for her. My mom passed away about 15 months ago and all she wanted was for me to quit. She knows,but I didn't get the opportunity to tell her. You are very lucky. Be proud of yourself. It is tough but we can do this together.

Lisa
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 1:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy
One of the hardest things I had to accept (and still haven't done a very good job of it) is people telling me that they didn't know when it would get better. I am a super organized person, and if you give me a deadline well I can endure almost anything even if it is a while down the road, but this "unknown" is very hard to handle.
I describe my cravings like this///the first week they were like tornados they came with great power and force, and then they left. After a week or so they were like gusts of wind, harsh, soft, often gone. Now it is like a breeze that whispers at me. Not as harsh, definitely more bearable, but more constant. But it does get so much better and managable. You can do this. Many have done it before us and so can we. Do not give in.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2004 2:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, Wahoooooooooo! you are doing great. Yes you are! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 3:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cathy,
I agree with Mindy. I also wanted the reassurance of a target, "this is when it gets better" date. There isn't one. Everyone is different. I read a post of someone quit 8 days who said she had just had her first day without a crave. I am ashamed to say it was hard for me to be happy for her since I had been quit at least 3x as long and still craved several times a day! The only thing I can tell you is that it will get better.My craves are a little less often and most are a little less intense. The important thing is that, no matter how uncomfortable I am, I choose not to smoke. I may think smoking would be more comfortable , but I do not really want to go back to having trouble breathing freely, coughing frequently,etc. Read your list of reasons you want to quit often. You can do this. It is possible to quit!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 7:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy, you are doing really fine...you're mom will be Razz !

Well, if I had to put a timeline on it, I would say that by the end of week 2, the worst of the worst will be done. don't get me wrong....you'll still have a lot of physical and mental craves to get through, but they will be of a different kind. After two weeks though, you should have times when you feel lots better, and even good. You'll notice some of the immediate benefits of quitting smoking....like you don't get out of breath so often, you house and car will smell cleaner, your food will taste better, things will smell better. These benefits will come to you quickly....and you'll start to understand how good it can be without smoking!

For now, just take it a day at a time, and you'll be noticing how much better life is before you know it!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS on 2 days of freedom Cathy!!!! Very Happy I will be right behide you, we will beat this thing!!!!

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: