quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

QUIT DATE!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 10:50 AM    Post subject: QUIT DATE!! Reply with quote

Hello, everyone thanks for the support I just love you guys you have helped me so much. I am going to beat this thing!!!! If it is that last thing I do I am going to beat this thing. My daughter is with her father right now and she comes back June 12th so I really want to have a hold of this thing before the comes back. My new quit date is June 6th. I will perpare and get rid of everything on June 5 and look forward to my quit and not dread it has Joshua said. I am going through the modules at FFS still so I will be on module 3 soon. I see my Doctor next week so I may ask him if he thinks I should use the patch? But, hopefully by then I will be over the hell of 3 days. I am learning and educating myself as much a possiable. I wrote a good-bye letter to my cigs and I wrote the 5 reasons I am quitting. I also wrote 10 things I will do before I smoke!! I all of you will not look down on me and still support because I will need it. I want to be able to support other people but I can't do that if I am failing at the same thing. Thanks again for all your support, I hope your not mad at me! Mad I am still feeling ashamed Embarassed but hopefully that will turn positive when I quit one hour at a time!

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 11:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer,

I could never look down on you. I am so very proud of you. You are both courageous and strong because you absolutly refuse to let this addiction get the better of you. This is probably the hardest thing you will ever do and if you stumble, oh well, as long as you get back up and continue the quest you are as brave as any person I know.

I can't tell you how much a I respect you for your persistance. You will succeed and I for one want to be the first in line to say Congradulations. You can do this Jenn, believe!

I wish you peace.

alison
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the 60th anniversary of D-Day is appropriate. The enemy is different, but just as nasty!

Charge Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Jelli

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 11:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer-
I don't think anyone is looking down on you-- quite the contrary- everyone here can see and admire your determination. It is wonderful the way you bounce back and are ready to try again!!! With the amount of determination you have you absolutely will be successful!!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 12:07 PM    Post subject: Good for you! Reply with quote

Dear Jennifer,

I'm so proud of you for having the resolve to start over. You're to be commended and, yes, you will succeed. You're going about it in the right manner now; working the modules and posting to the boards. Also, don't be embarrassed about your "slip." You're not the first one this has happened to and you certainly won't be the last.

We're all with you. Don't dread your quit day - rejoice in it. It will honestly be the first day of the rest of your life.

Living free for 1M, 3W, 1D, 15H, 15M & loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 12:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Jennifer quiting takes practice as did smoking. So now you are done with the practice and now are getting down to the business of quiting you know what to expect and how to prepare for it. No need to be embarrased or upset just get back on the horse and kick him into high gear and do this quit.

I am proud of you for keeping quiting. That is all any of us can do is keep on quiting one of these times it will be sucessful

One month, three weeks, one day, 1 hour, 10 minutes and 56 seconds. 2081 cigarettes not smoked, saving $359.14. Life saved: 1 week, 5 hours, 25 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 1:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never be ashamed! We're all in this together...One day at a time,
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 2:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain the difference, but some people play with quitting and continue to relapse and relapse and it 's almost like an attention getting game, and then there are people who struggle with their quits and they to have several relapses, but the really want to quit and it is evident in how they post. I can't explain to you, as I said, but I really believe you are one who truly wants to quit and are struggling hard to get free of the nicotine chains. And as long as you don't give up on you we will NEVER give up on you. Keep at it Jen together we will get you free from this bondage. You are a strong and courageous person, now you have to exert that strength in your quit.
You can do it.....I believe you can and will

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 2:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, you can do this, and I'm so proud of you for not running and hiding. That's what I did when I relapsed last year at FFS. And continued to smoke for almost a whole year instead of sticking with it and doing what you are doing.

You know you've learned a little bit more each time that you have stumbled. Put it all into good use, and stick with it. Post here 24/7 if you need to (there's almost always someone logged in I've noticed) and know that we are all behind you.

You're worth this quit, Jennifer, never forget that!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 4:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been posting much, but I have been keeping up on all the reading. Jennifer - I'm right there with you girl. I quit on Mar 23, slipped up in week 2, quit again April 9, and completely bombed on May 23. I felt miserable all the time - it was a constant mental struggle and I just got sick of it and threw my quit away for one night of 'fun'. I admit it was a huge relief for that one night, but I also knew that I had to climb right back on that wagon if I was ever going to be free. The very next morning I got Zyban and I highly recommend it to anyone who is wondering about it. I've been taking it for 10 days and have been requit for 2 days and not disturbed in the least. I love it. If you are struggling and there are things that might help you - USE THEM. Nobody cares if you were a hero - they just care that you quit. Don't make it any harder than you have to, for crying out loud.
Paula

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2004 9:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer...

We are right here for you!!!

~Paula
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 5:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jennifer,
You know the old saying, "If at first you don't suceed, try, try again!"
I agree with using anything that helps! Some feel cold turkey works best for them, others feel NRT or Zyban is best. What works for you is what is important. It does not matter how we quit, just that we quit. We are all heroes!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 3, 2004 11:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, I am proud of you for not giving up. You can do this. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: