quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UGH !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: November 12, 2007 2:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mari... you've gotten a lot of great advice here. Just wanted to add that I'm pulling for ya! You've already proven that you can quit... So, just take that leap and get back into it! Very Happy

~nichole
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: November 13, 2007 2:27 PM    Post subject: day1 Reply with quote

Hey all thanks for the great advice I really appreciate!
OK..
So i wasn't able to jump right back on,b/c today is my official first day.
I kept strugging everyday, but I talked it over last night with my bf, and my friends, and I made the leap today.
Everyday I messed up I kept thinking.. OK, this is it, start again right now!
But i really had to clear out a lot of mental garbage that built up...and face the addiction again.

I am changing my profile date again today..and I am hoping this is the last time already!
Very Happy

I'm going to drink a lot of water today, and try to relax, as much as I can because I have a lot of projects that are hanging over my head that need to be tackled.

sigh.
there are things to be happy about, and I am just going to concentrate on that.

One of my best friends who also quit asked me when I quit...and I told her about last year this time...she was like.. Mariko, do you think maybe you slipped because the weather has changed and its bringing back memories...and I n ever really thought about it, but it might be some sort of psychological memory of your past self that comes again. I never thought of cold weather being a trigger, but as soon as the air started to get crisp, I started to want it again. Of course being in a stressful time period didn't help either... I had deadlines, pressure coming from every direction, and self pressure, which led me down this path.
The past few days have been good b/c I was able to talk to my friends who all are supportive and want me to stop, but they were also kind to me, understanding thats its a process, and its a personal journey.

I am definitely not a quit expert, and I probably will never be, but I won't stop trying.
I wrote a list of my personal reasons, and put it in my wallet last night.
I know my spirits will be lifted a little each day, as I begin this journey again.

I even ate a big salad last night, b.c I was like... Man, my body needs some love, after all the smoke crap I been giving it!

Smile))

Follow Your Bliss
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 13, 2007 2:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some will call it triggers, some reasons and some excuses...whatever, it is great that you are sorting through the smokescreen and figuring it all out....you can do this Mariko, I think you have to do it for just you...and for a while you need to put yourself first...hard with a job I know...but any boss who won't cut somebody a couple of hours slack who is going through hell, well...in my book he is a jerk! It sounds like you are surrounding yourself with good people who care about you....that is good...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 13, 2007 2:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mari,

You have the spirit!! And that's the never give up on getting quit! Very Happy Your friends are awesome!

Deep breaths and patience with yourself and the quitting. You've done some soul searching and understanding where you are...and now it's just time to let all of it work for you. Very Happy You are awesome....keep remembering that!

Stay close to the boards for encouragement and reinforcement!!

Big Hugs!!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: November 13, 2007 3:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, Mari! You have the determination to quit and STAY quit. I'm so happy that you took the leap... that takes a lot of courage. Let us know how it's going! Congrats on Day #1!!

~nichole
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: November 14, 2007 9:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Mari on taking back your freedom. Welcome Back Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: November 24, 2007 5:15 PM    Post subject: struggling Reply with quote

Confused

I feel really really embarrassed Embarassed , to keep posting and relapsing...this is the first time.. I struggled with staying quit...and backdoors that I never faced before are showing their ugly faces.
I almost felt like I didn't want to post until I had been a few days quit...I don't know what I am doing anymore... >_<.

I haven't smoked all day today.. I was doing really well until...yesterday...bad choices...

All I can do is keep trying..resetting my date, and moving forward.
I know exercising while quitting helped me alot last year...and I haven't had time to exercise since sept...this is my last semester of school. I graduate right before christmas, so the pressure of projects have been getting at me..

So anyway... I made time to run today...25 minutes...its really silly of me to say I can't spare 20 mins a day to myself and my health, so I am going to try to make sure I make time for myself everyday to exercise, ,b/c when I exercise, my mind is clear...and overall I make better choices for myself.

I am not giving up... !

Follow Your Bliss
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 25, 2007 3:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

one day at a time Mariko - just don't smoke today...and start tomorrow with the same goal - no smoking TODAY! You can do it...start sending yourself some positive messages....You can do it...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 25, 2007 6:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariko,

Bless your heart, you're trying. If this cycle of quit/relapse in a day or two happens again...try this. Instead of jumping right back on quit, try setting a quit date a few days out like FFS suggests. Maybe, say a week out....and during the time of anticiapting the upcoming quit...use the time to get the resolve and committment set in the heart once again.

It could be you are jumping back to quit out of sense of guilt on the relapse instead of out of committment to be quit. And if it is because of the guilt, well, that won't last and relapse happens. It has to be from a decision inside to want to quit...not guilted or forced. Wink When the choice to quit is coupled with a happiness about quitting...it helps set the resolve needed to stay the course.

Keep going Mariko...you are the one in control of the beast!!

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: November 26, 2007 10:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brez is right on the money here again... If the quitting is not coming from within your soul, it ain't coming from anywhere. Take the time to remember that you WANT to quit. If you didn't, you would not be here. Help is always a click away. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: