quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Every day I tell myself
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 12:14 PM    Post subject: Every day I tell myself Reply with quote

Don't give in...Don't go there...the craving will quit whether or not you smoke....and NOW I started counting the days I've smoked. I'm at 8 days...so I'm changing that....

Tracy - Free and Healing for 2 Hours and 33 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 1 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $0.17.

AND I will continue to update this everytime I think about smoking (and when i'm close to the computer)...Christmas for me and my kids is that I will be free again. They hate it, I hate it...THIS IS HORRIBLE!

I would have never thought I would be back here saying all this..and the craziness that goes through your head.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 12:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas, Tracy. Good for you seeking freedom again. How proud your children must be of Mom.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 12:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think the disappointment is still there for them. And I don't blame them...I'm disappointed.

Merry Christmas to you!

Tracy - Free and Healing for 3 Hours and 3 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 1 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $0.21.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 1:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The decision to quit smoking is a major one. It is probably the most important health decision you will make in your life. Major decisions are not made on a whim, although many of us have tried many times. Have you ever gone to bed at night telling yourself that you won’t smoke tomorrow? Or said on a weekend that Monday you’ll quit? Some participants in my classes have told me they say that to themselves every Sunday night. Major decisions usually take time and careful consideration. COPIED FROM FFS

This is me...everyday I told myself this...eveyday I failed but I lasted a little longer eveyday without a smoke. How do I compare this statement against, just quit now before it gets worse.

At first, I thought about working the program again, gives me time to clear my heart...and heard comments to just quit now. That made sense to me...but now I feel like I want to think this out...I don't want to keep getting up evey morning and fail ... then I really have no confidence.

Last time, it was so simple...You are broke...You can't smoke. And that was the truth of it. Now, I'm trying to learn and digg inside myself.

Yet I know all the things I'm feeling...isn't the correct way to be....so that is maddening in itself.

Tracy - Free and Healing for 3 Hours and 21 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 1 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $0.23.

~Tracy

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 1:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, tracy! this is the best possible time to quit! keep it going! Smile

btw: read this newspaper column.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 1:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Tracy! Remember, you only have to get through the next crave! you know you can do that.

By the way, I doubt the kids are as disappointed in your smoking as they are in your continuing to smoke.

You are now officially, free, so stay that way!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 1:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that article was really good...gives you a warm feeling when you body is ragging inside. Smile

Tracy - Free and Healing for 4 Hours and 7 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 2 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $0.28.

~Tracy

Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 3:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to drive home...Even though I'm working on Christmas Eve...I don't want to get back into the car...the smell, the pressure...

every crave...sorry guys!

Tracy - Free and Healing for 5 Hours and 29 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy , by avoiding the use of 2 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $0.37.

~Tracy

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 3:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy - Do what I did...open the window wide and hang your head out like a dog!

Then sing at the top of your lungs...Dashing through the snowwwww,......!

Just watch out for the Police.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: December 24, 2007 9:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you doing, Tracy?

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 9:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas, Tracy....keep it going.
Patty
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 25, 2007 11:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

merry xmas tracy! hope you are doing well!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 26, 2007 2:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Tracy!

How's it going? When I finally came to a place of acceptance with quitting, the internal struggle seems to disappear. No, not the urges or craves, per se, but the wrestling going back and forth in the mind. Keep going...even if wrestling with breaking free and being quit...one point in time, an acceptance will take hold and it'll be soooo much better!

Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 26, 2007 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay...not quit but okay. It was fine at work but then on the drive home....the car was the hardest part last time too.

I still have the date of Jan 7th but I really wanted it to be sooner. And only I can do that I know.

I was so ashamed that I didn't visit any sites over my day off...that is not a good thing. It was like I had never quit...

Just stinks...I'm a single mom and have conquered so many things in my life...and I just can't get over this.

but I'm going to

~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: