quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Every day I tell myself
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 26, 2007 9:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

tracy,
hope you had a great xmas! and glad to hear that you are okay even if not quit. you can definitely do this and you have before. we'll be here for you whether it's now or the 7th or anytime in between!

jenny
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 27, 2007 9:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jenny Smile

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2007 5:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kissimee wrote:
It was like I had never quit...

Just stinks...I'm a single mom and have conquered so many things in my life...and I just can't get over this.

but I'm going to

Hey Tracy!

How's it going? You mentioned in your post that it's just like you had never quit. Well, that's because the law of addiction. Once it's fed again, the addiction resumes it's place pretty quickly. And yep, back to square one. But, it's not the end...just keep quitting. I went back and forth, over and over for over two years in that dreaded yo-yo of quit, smoke, quit Rolling Eyes It's not fun, and it does something to the confidence. BUT I did finally conquer the beast!!! Wink And you are going to also!! Wink

Can I get personal? After 4 years of being free, something extra ordinary had to trigger the desire and want to smoke. Something had to happen in your life and circumstances to lure you back to even consider smoking as an option again. What? Don't have to answer that here on the board, but inside...you do for your own self. Whatever it was or is...it's a weak spot, a back door that needs to be closed in order to breakfree. You can do this...you know you can...you did it for over 4 years. Are you preparing for the 7th? Are you looking forward in anticipation or dreading the date?

Just some things to ask yourself. Stop trying to please others, and look to yourself...you need to be excited and content with the decision to quit. Once you are determined and satifisied with the choice to once and for all to breakfree....no matter what....you will be able to quit and stay quit...regardless of circumstances, emotions, or feelings.

Here's a magic wand and some ruby slippers....now repeat...there's no place like home (quit)...there's no place like home (quit). Wink

Keep us posted! Pulling for ya!!!
Big Hugs and Lots of Love

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: