quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Happy New Year adn more....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 4:10 PM    Post subject: Happy New Year adn more.... Reply with quote

Well - I hope all of you are looking forward to a nicotine free 2008 - I am. I still had a couple of "hump" days during the holidays where the old nicodemon tried to become a friend of mine again - but I had to use good health sense and ignore it. I have had a year and 2 months of many health issues since I became smoke free. As my many doctors have explained; my body had a lot wrong with it that was being masked with smoking ..........my copd is better - my allergies are better - my colon is better and my kidneys are better - I had no idea how many medical problems the cigs were larley responsible for.....I knew I was sucking an emotional pacifier but not a medical stick of dynomite. I have had colonscopy - lung treatments and recently lithotripsy for kidney stones which are very painful and which I am still passing. I had to miss all the Holiday parties and that was no big deal - I was able to lounge around with my Son and wife and 2 Grandkids and that made me happy and peaceful. I was without electrical power for 8 days and had to go stay with a friend for several days during the big storm here in Ok. That was hard as I had just had medical lithotripsey but he (friends husband) smoked outside the entire time I was a guest in his home. I was so ill I think he felt sorry for me. Needless to say - I have not saved much money due to extra medical bills - but the thrill is that I am finally taking care of my medical needs and not just smoking issues away. I hope in 2008 that my medical issues become resolved and that somehow I manage to find the money to have my much needed dental work done. I hope you each have your needs met in the New Year and keep me in mind - it would be so hard to start my quit all over again - so I will just have to stay on this easier street of coping with issues and problem solving without the nicodemons help. The place I work for is changing its direction so I do wonder if I will have this job much longer and I will be 61 on Jan 21 - so I will just hang in here and pray for the best. Take care - Mardi

He who would leap high must take a long run.
Danish Proverb -www.quotationspage.com
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 4:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mardi, and Happy New year to you.

What a story you have to tell about medical problems, and how smoking just masks them. So many people BEGIN to notice problems once they quit self medicating and masking the symptoms by smoking. So many people use this trigger as an excuse to go back to the addiction.

It's wonderful to hear about you, who knows the truth and is able to stand up to the problems without the chain of addiction adding to their problems. yours is a real story of courage, and of true determination.

I'm glad that you came back with an update. I will keep you in my mind and in my prayers, that all things in life work out for you.

meanwhile, you are a hero, and are able to enjoy your family and assure that you'll be around for many more holidays to share with them. Stay well, and don't be such a stranger!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 4:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardi....Happy New Year to you too!!

Sorry to hear that you have been facing so many health issues, but I am really glad to see you have an absolutely upbeat attitude through it all. That is awesome!! No, the cigarettes will never solve any issue we face. And as you have pointed out, they only serve to hide them. Really we just chose to deny them when we smoked as it was easier that way, then to admit there were problems and deal with them head on.

I wish you peace and continued improvement in health....and prosperity for the finances! You've been through alot...and that is an inspiration for all us to take a serious note of....you demostrate that no matter what...don't smoke....it's so worth it!! Thank you for being an outstanding example of strength and persistance.

Love and Big Hugs!!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 5:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardi,

I agree about smoking masking many health issues. Seems I've "found" a few problems since quitting too. At first I thought it to be bad news; finding problems. However, if they aren't found, they can't be treated.

It's great that you're now getting treatment for the problems you've found out about. Also, you're so lucky to have family who cares enough to look out for you, not to mention friends who opened their home to you during the ice storms.

Hopefully 2008 will be a year of success, health and wonder. That's my prayer for you.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 5:25 PM    Post subject: Thanks Pamela, Deb and Jo... Reply with quote

What quick response - just what I needed today. Deb - what a pretty face to put with that SeaBrez name..... I have only a limited time at work to post and still have no computer at home - mine is so old - just needs to be replaced and dental comes first. I am glad to hear from any and all of you and still appreciate this site so much...would be nice if I had more time and puter at home - which will come soon I am sure...HE (the Big Man) will give me all I need in the right space and time so I am so glad you guys support me in my endeavor to stay positive and gather the strength from all you quitters......I will post as I can and again - take care and all of you are remembered in my prayers and wishes for continued sucess. M

essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 8:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mardi and Happy New Year to you too!
You sound so positive about everything, I'm sure 2008 will be a great year for you all the same. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers too.

Essie
4/14/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 4, 2008 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you, mardi! glad to hear you're getting your health issues in order; it's so much easier to just smoke them away than deal with them, i'm sure that's one reason why smokers are always sick (at least, i'm sure that's one reason why i was sick all the time as a smoker)...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 5, 2008 2:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardi - Happy New Year!! So glad you stopped by - I wish you peace, health and prosperity in the coming year! Attitude goes a long way to reaching your goals - stay positive and convince yourself that there is a way and you will find it! I'll be keeping you in my prayers too! Hang in there! You are really sticking with your quit...great job!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: January 5, 2008 5:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy new year mardi! glad to see you are doing so well with your quit!

jenny
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: January 7, 2008 11:04 AM    Post subject: Thanks Essie, Mary D Kevin and Jenny Reply with quote

It is great to hear from you guys and HI Jenny - nice to meet you! I had a hard weekend - still passing blasted stones - but was able to at least limp around and get some things done. It was so warm outside and so nice after all this very cold weather we have had and I was caught inside near the inney outhouse. HEHEHEH ...I have a very hard month at work with year end stuff so I have to bury myself and try to get it all done and caught up. I am very behind and just hate that....so I will post as I can and invite you all to contact me if you need me - that would be a new thing - but one thing I want to do is 2008 is share my determination to stay quit - no matter what and if I can pass any of my experience to you then just knock on my email.

daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 13, 2008 9:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mardi Happy New year. Hope that 2008 brings you a great year. Of coarse it has to you are a non smoker Laughing thats a great beginning!!!!
Dont let all that work get to you. One day at a time or exactly 8 hours. Laughing Laughing

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: