quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very Concerned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2008 1:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank all of you so much. It's been a very long day. Sitting here waiting for coffe to finish. Just got home a bit ago. Yes, I drink coffee day and night...and yes, I can sleep on the stuff. Laughing Years of conditioning, I guess you could say Wink ...ok...I'm addicted to the stuff Rolling Eyes Laughing ....anyway....

When mom arrived at the other hospital a neurologist was waiting. He did a very thorough exam and ordered an MRI today...yes, on a Saturday....she had the MRI late afternoon. A cardiologist has been called in, and will check her blood pressure meds, etc. She is also scheduled for the cartoric (bad spelling...the ones in the neck) arteries to be checked on Monday. Told you this place was good! Wink Speaking with the nurses, they have no problem answering questions and being upfront and detailed on what is happening...and concerned! Wink This place knows it's stuff. And talked with mom about using a doctor there. They have a clinic also staffed with excellent doctors. Hubby was straightened out there on his blood pressure issues.

Did some checking earlier on the net concerning stroke....and from what I read, and what the doctors have ordered...yeah, they are checking for possible issues connected with the risks of stroke. They are definitely taking her symptoms seriously. When I heard that an MRI was ordered, I about jumped for joy....it's something I've been harping about for over a month. So, yes, I am very relieved! Kay...I laughed...only because it sounds all to familiar right now. I tend to get that way too. Just ask hubby...can't count the number of times I've put on the boxing gloves when he's been the hospital. Alot of his were nurses with huge chips on their shoulders...I'm use to the "oh, you're just a wife" attitude (implying that a wife doesn't have a clue Rolling Eyes )...I've fought that lame sterotype in the trucking business, and in the medical arena....sometimes...a girl just has to grow balls! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Anyway...getting off track.

Then, after that, this evening had a birthday gathering at Applebees for daughter #2...she's 20 today. Us and some of her friends....had cake and such. And little buddy was wore out by the time it was all said and done...bless his heart....and grandma too! Laughing

Thanks guys...it's late and I'm going to bed. Hopefully in the morning little buddy will sleep in a bit also, so grandma can get a few extra winks herself.

Love all of you!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2008 12:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great news, deb! glad to hear you're getting some traction on this.

(btw: you and frances are just alike with the coffee: she can drink a starbuck's grande at 10:00 and be sound asleep by 11:00. i used to be the same way, but anymore i'm in trouble if i drink coffee after 7:00... Shocked )

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2008 4:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say CAKE?

Yes, I can smell birthday cake several sites, even several states away.

Glad to hear the medico's are on top of your mom's ailments, and hopefully knowing that things are being taken seriously, you can all get some piece of mind. Somethings the thing we fear the most is the unknown!

Now, pass the cake, please.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 6, 2008 5:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam.... Laughing Laughing yes, cake...you're more than welcome to a piece of it! Yep, it's the not knowing that is the unnerving part. Once a person knows what they're facing....then it can be dealt with. And they are on track with figuring that all out.

Kevin... Laughing you sound like hubby...coffee at night...not a good thing Shocked Very Happy Tell Frances...nice to know another java queen!! Wink ...yes, a kindred spirit! Cool

Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2008 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Deb, this hospital sounds like it is on the ball Laughing Laughing Laughing no pun intended...so glad to see her getting the proper care now.

I too, can drink coffee and go straight to bed...the other night, I was in the middle of a great book at 1 am and sipping coffee to boot....I was thinking this is heaven until I had to get up the next morning...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 12:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glad to hear your Mom is going to finally get good medical attention.
Oh Im weird (Ive been told) I dont like coffee or the smell. But I sure could smoke never could Laughing figure that out.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay.... Very Happy burning the midnight oil with mug in hand! My kind of evening!!...quiet, peaceful, reading, and coffee...you are soooo right...that's just pure heaven!

Patty...like me guess....tea? Very Happy And yeah...how did the smoking and no coffee work? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing I thought it was a mandatory requirement to have a smoke in one hand and either coffee or beer in the other Laughing Laughing Laughing ....Are you hiding a secret love of beer Shocked Laughing Laughing ...just joking and kidding around, of course!!

Well, good news!! They did figure it out. Kidneys....Mom had a stint this afternoon. Will find out all the particulars tomorrow when the doctor makes his rounds. But all is good....and she's relieved and so am I. Now, just need to make arrangements for when she goes home. She won't be able to do much, if anything for a few days. My daughter #2 and I will more than likely take turns staying over there for the next few days. This will be a bit of challenge with little buddy...but one way or another will get it figured out.

Thank you for all the prayers and support...means alot to me.

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 8:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear they found the culprit...maybe she will feel much better in a coulple of days....I guess if the kidneys are not functioning correctly, they can reak havoc on the system...swelling, pressure, toxins etc.

My granddaugher got a clean bill of health from the urologist but will be referred to a gastrointestinal doctor...still having pain in her tummy...poor baby...I hope it is not the biological pull she feels the first and third weekend...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 8:44 PM    Post subject: news Reply with quote

Brez! What great news! So glad to hear mom is being looked after proper. You are her blessing.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 9:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I can almost feel your relief. What great news! Now that you know what you're dealing with it will be so much easier to treat it.
That's such wonderful news. Now you try to get some rest, OK?

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: January 8, 2008 10:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for letting us know! Im glad
they figured it out quickly.
Im even more glad that you took charge
the way you did-
or you probably wouldnt have an answer yet!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 9, 2008 1:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news, deb! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 9, 2008 2:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Deb! Glad things are working out for mom...

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 9, 2008 9:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Kay...dig deeper...you probably are right....the whole issue could very well be very upsetting to her....and being little, not able to share her feelings well...and the result...physical ailments because of the stress.

Will be praying for her!!

Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really late coming in here. I'm glad they found out what is wrong with your mom and that you both made it through with good results. I will say a prayer for speedy recovery and extra strength for you and your daughter. You are a great person Deb.

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: