quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Life Beyond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 9:18 AM    Post subject: Life Beyond Reply with quote

The life beyond the smoke screen saga continues. I had a really rough day yesterday. Not in the smoking department but the depression part. I hadn't been there in a while and it really threw me back in time. So much so that I could actually see the progress I have made.

This week has been interesting to say the least. I'm back and forth with my decision to continue to see my boyfriend. He's great but he is still 4 hours away and it's getting harder and harder to make that trip. He has even put it off a couple of times which gave me feelings of rejection.

I started back to school this week. I'm working on my MBA. I was finishing up my BA when I quit smoking. I'm really anxious about it all and wondering if I know what I'm doing. I keep asking myself "Do I really want to do this again?" I keep telling myself it's just 10 classes. Get it over with.

I have pictures of that new baby (my daughters newborn) on my desk. Baby Graycen will be two weeks old on Sunday. He is so precious. I wish I could hold him, hug him, and love him.

Deep breaths and looking forward to a better day today.

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady, the day will come when you'll be holding that precious little boy. That's something really wonderful to anticipate.

Can't help you with the bf situation but would just like to give you many, many pats on the back and big hugs for continuing your education. As we always told our children, "Things" can be taken from you but no one can EVER take your education. I wish you the best.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sending you some sunshine, which is only coming from my heart since it's cloudy, dismal and rainy here. But, you can make sunshine from within if you know how. So I'm sending you some.

Oh, and a cake, too. i'm firing up the oven for MaryD, do put your order in, and I'll whip one up for you, too, lady!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 11:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you for starting on your mba, lady! you know, it may take a couple of years to get it, but in a couple of years, you'll still be a couple of years older, whether you get your degree or not. i say go for it! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 11:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

Kannaprint. I have the pictures of the baby on my desk and I look at them every day. So precous. I just know we will have a special relationship. Somehow, someway. I can feel it.

Pamela... cake? I'm also trying to lose weight! I've gained 22 lbs since moving here so I'm working really hard on that too. So far I've lost 4 pounds. But I"m sure your cake doesn't have anything bad in it so... here is my order... Could I please have a french vanilla mix with coconut on top of white icing? That is my favorite.

Thanks for the sunshine. It made me smile. I can feel it in the depths of my heart. You guys are awesome and never stop amazing me with the support you bring.

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 3:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Very Happy

And....what is so cool?....you have come so far in your journey to overcome the depression....you're able to actually look back and see where you have been. I find that incredibly encouraging! And noticed you may have had a bad yesterday, but it didn't succeed in dragging you down into the pit of despare....and that is wonderful!!!

One issue at a time, and a step at a time with all things. Sometimes, I have to tell myself....Rome wasn't built in a day...when there are so many issues and matters to tend to. And somethings we just have to let God and His Holy Spirit deal with...like your daughter's heart. Keep her in prayer, and let Him do his work Wink You know He is working...you said it yourself...you feel it inside that there will be a special relationship.

Congrats on going back to school. And you'll do just fine once the routine of it all settles in. Boyfriend...well, like Jo, that's something you need to search your own heart about and make a decision. Personally, as a wife who waits for hubby's return....I can understand the absent part. But, just because there is distance or time apart doesn't change the actual love that's there. Wink Sometimes, love must be patient and wait!

It's good to see you handling the matters of life and doing so with a calmness and steadiness. Rocking it....yeah, you most certainly are!

Big Hugs....and keep us posted!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2008 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{{Hugs Lady}}}}}}}

Essie
4/14/04
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 12, 2008 10:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady,
I agree with Deb. One step at a time. Looking forward.
(((hugs)))

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: