quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chantix in commercials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 12:32 PM    Post subject: Chantix in commercials Reply with quote

I saw a different commercial for Chantix this morning thought it might be interesting to some people who read here. The ambulance chasing lawyers have a new commercial stating hundreds of people have died from using it and been harmed by it and if you feel you have been also to contact them on the telephone at their toll free number.

I can't believe how short a time it took for them to jump on the bandwagon and start drumming up clients to sue over Chantix (or maybe I can this is America and some in this country seem to be in need of suing someone regularly anymore)

Will be curious to see if it stays on the market. Probably will, if it's only killing or causing a small percentage of people to kill themselves as it were then the statistics won't be enough for the company to feel anything but the usual righteous indignation that the mere mortals who killed themselves or developed severe depression dared to not act right while using the "wonder" drug.... but if it's become enough people involved to bring out the attorneys who advertise they're "looking out for you so call them please".... then it's not good. At the very least it's scary.

It just bothers me that billions of dollars are spent on drugs like this from research to paying for the prescriptions when a little web site like this can help more people than any drug in the world.... and that's just MY opinion so take it with a grain of salt... or sand -Wink

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you know what they say: 99.999999% of lawyers are giving the rest a bad name (and don't even get me started on the big pharmaceuticals)... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 2:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on the pharmaceutical companies -- the big money grabbers! If they would stop all the advertising, the cost of prescription drugs would be far more manageable. Also, I wouldn't go to a doctor who let me decide, because of some ad I'd seen, which drug is best for me.

I'm with you, Kevin. Don't get me started.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 18, 2008 4:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another vote from little ole me!

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: January 27, 2008 6:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Texas,

I think the same as you.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
D'June

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 10, 2008 9:57 PM    Post subject: here are the facts Reply with quote

I had used Chantix and it caused more problems and money than it was worth. I never had any emotional or mental health issues or diagnoses and now I can not remember the month I used it. I had my three son's removed from my home and have been in a 8 months court battle so I can have them home because I supposedly hit one son and I never did before and I dont even remember it to this day and has cost me over 10's of thousands of dollars in legal fee's. The kicker is is that I am still smoking and having a real difficult time quiting. I lost everything but my will to be a survivor and have my family unit as a whole again and I have my FAITH. When I first thought about taking this wonder drug I did research on it and there was nothing negative to be found so I went to my doctor for over 18 yrs and he too heard nothing negative with the exception of "bizzare dreams". Now look, the infomation is all over the t.v., papers and magazines. Good timming Phizer. Thanks a million, it might cost me that much!
marg

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: December 11, 2008 9:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pharmaceutical companies advertise???? I cant believe that. Shocked
Any way I would like to comment on champix. I'm on week 11 and its working for me, I did alot of research before trying it and was very nervous as most of what i read was bad, but having failed on the patches, I decided to give it a go. I was very worried about the depression as when i was on the patches other than the bad skin reaction from day 1 I had alot of negative things at about 2mths i seriously thought about driving into a tree, the depression was very bad, so bad i went to the dr as i was scared, but she said if i kept feeling that way she would get me councilling Rolling Eyes too damm late if im dead.
So i kept on with the patches it till at 5mths i couldnt stand it i really thought i was loosing my mind. After doing alot more reading i found that the whole giving up can have the depression, the feeling of loss, so i felt it was more the whole thing not the way i was doing it. I have been down some days on champix but no where near the depression i had last quit so for me its working, We all react differently to things and i was made aware of what could happen and thankfully for me it didnt, so for me my experience has been positive,
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2008 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what method you use, Marg, keep that quit strong. You're on the road to a wonderful, new life -- the life without cigarettes. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
SeanBen

Quit Date:
January 1, 2012

PostPosted: August 10, 2012 1:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not about the method or way you are following its about your strong detremination towards that thing which helps you quit.
ramblerboy2

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: September 5, 2012 10:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Chantix, in a quit attempt before my current quit. My insurance didn't cover it so I paid the $300 out of pocket. I took it every day. I've never been particularly sensitive and never had any kind of depression, but I was a disaster during those 2 months on Chantix. Would burst into tears at work. Was in a terrible mood all the time.

As soon as the prescription ran out, I started smoking again.

My current quit, which started on April 16, 2007, was cold turkey and much less painful than the Chantix quit. I did not get depressed at all. I felt fairly normal aside from huge cravings for a cigarette.

I think that if people are getting depressed and killing themselves because of this drug, it should be pulled from market or the risks need to be very thoroughly disclosed to the patient.

Twitter @joshualaporte
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: