quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's Coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda661

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 11, 2008 9:07 PM    Post subject: What's Coming Reply with quote

Ok gang.....after the next couple of days, I am not going to have access to internet until my quit day -- everything appears as ready as I can make it: I'm entering into my "mindful Chantix" period (i.e. breaking up/modifying my smoking habits and just plain not smoking if I really don't want one after the FFS Pack Tracks assignment); quit day eve is when I will write my goodbye letter to smokes (figure then will be the most genuine).......seems like an eternity since I got here and started this process -- already can't thank you all enough for all of your support and links to such valuable information......I probably could cry again now (and texas, I've got more research that proves that's a good thing and not a sign of not wanting to quit Very Happy ....I'll post that later when I'm actually into walking the walk Very Happy ); I've also printed out a bunch of FFS assignments and info. from other links that concern quit day and beyond so I can study and do assignments while offline.

Even with the Chantix Rx filled and sitting on my desk, I've decided to do "cold turkey" (geez, that sounds so "fowl" Wink ) -- all the education points that is the best direction to go with this......

One of my first rewards at or soon after quit will be to add an avatar and modify my profile here -- I've got what I want on my computer for an avatar but I need to follow kevin's administrative directions and get an internet deposit site for it before I can get it here successfully. I've waited on that since, for me, it will be a priveledge to "earn" an avatar here (personal commitment thing for me I suppose).

I'll be around for the next couple of days, but I did want to let you all know that I won't have left just 'cause I won't be posting or checking in for a bit.

And....I'm with sunny and nosmoex posts in other threads.....guests and other newbies: please do join us and post here. This is a really friendly and oh so supportive site to do this quit smoking thing. There is strength in numbers on things such as this.......let's do this. May get to be down to one minute at a time at times, but it's worth the effort and it's worth our supporting each other to be free.

Linda

Quit day: Feb 25, 2008
Terry

Quit Date:
February 11, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2008 10:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold turkey worked for me. I think it worked because I had to quit using my willpower, not a "crutch." You will find lots of folks for whom the meds worked wonders, so there is no true right way, only the way that works for you.

Good luck with your quit, and remember, you only need to defeat the NEXT crave. Focus on saying NO once at a time and forget about the long term. Oh, and use this forum as your crutch. It works.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 11, 2008 10:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll be here for you, linda; see you when you get back. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2008 10:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

I remember the crying part of my quit. You sound like you are ready to kick nicodemon's butt. You Can Do This.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 1:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda - Go for it!! You can do it!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 6:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, seems that a lot of your preparation is paying off for you. You have a great mind-set for quitting. I know you will be fine! An avatar will make a nice reminder of your goal. Hit the street running and don't look back. Can't wait to here more. Wink
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 9:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talK about ready! After all the prep work you've done, the actual event (quitting, or NOT smoking), should be the easy part.

We're here when you're ready! Lets kick some Laughing Demon butt!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 9:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on the right road, Linda. I quit cold turkey too with the help of FFS and, definitely woofmang. Keep that determination going. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ramblerboy2

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 10:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

You totally sound ready to do this. Go for it! My only other advice is to try to look at your quit as a wonderful thing you are doing. This can be hard, but give it a try. It helped me a lot!

I quit cold turkey too. So did lots of others. You can do it! Take it one day (or hour) at a time.

See you when you get back

Josh

Twitter @joshualaporte
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 11:05 AM    Post subject: you almost got it Reply with quote

Well you sound good. Except you totally missed my point about the crying thing. It's okay, cry if you want -- but sooner or later if you don't get "happy" with your quit you will go right back to smoking. Now that I know for a fact. I have seen lots of people go back to smoking cause they were unhappy not smoking - or thought they were.

Read Josh's post above this one - he's so totally got it. It's all in attitude. You can cry as long as you want but until you shuck off the sadness and get happy you are vulnerable. Attitude is everything and being sad, well once you've been actually quit a while you'll see what being happy really is. But you still smoke so of course you're sad - makes sense to me -Wink

We all have different quits Linda, just make sure you do what's right for you. No one has anything etched in stone about what to do or not do, it takes different things for us all. But I know that whatever we do in life whether that's paint a picture, drive a car, quit smoking or write a letter - we must do so with a happy heart to do our best job of it. We all share comments here to help each other, that is all we can do - offer insight to what not smoking is like.

You can do it. Heck anyone can quit smoking if I can.

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
sunny

Quit Date:
December 31, 2007

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 12:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda;

Way to go girl!
I know that you have the grit to conquer this demon!

Keep me posted.

Sunny 1
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 12, 2008 8:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: