quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 2:39 PM    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

I have been going through some really bad times right now. Depression is at an all time low to the point where I was thinking of ending my life but never once did I think of smoking.

I am finally hopefully seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and may be able to move from here soon enough at least I hope so. I am so tired of this life and having to live it and the people that I have to live with.

On the up note I may be able to go and move in with my sisters in Tennessee at least that is what I am thinking of but I don't know yet

Keep me in your thoughts an prayers for I need all the help I can get.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 4:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep posting. Let us know how your doing.
I think it helps to (talk) type.
I think when I have problems sometimes its
easier to talk to people you dont know so well....
does that make sense?
Congrats on not smoking! That is a positive
thing in your life, that your not even thinking
of doing it!
Things WILL get better.
KEEP POSTING.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 5:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, leona, last time you were here you sounded better! I'm sorry things are going so badly, I know you've had some real heartaches. The good news is that you are still quit (boy, you were a hard case!) and still here to tell about it!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. try not to be such a stranger, as you know Kevin always keeps the lights on.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 5:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Pamela, Leona. You've come such a long way since we've all gotten to know one another. Please take good care of you. The move to Tennessee sounds great; sure hope it happens. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 6:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It has been really hard finacially and physically lately, emotionally as well. I have been feeling so lonely and wishing it would all end. And yes I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel but the wait is what is killing me and waiting to find out where I will be going. I know this sounds odd but I am waiting to see where my friend is going to be permanently stationed as he wants me close to him so that I won't do anything that could be detrimental to my health.

Before you ask he can be nothing more to me then just a freind even though I am so totally in love with him that it is rediculous. I know that sounds bad but He is and will be only a very good freind one I know I can count on.

Anyway I am glad to know that Kevin leaves the lights on YAY! for kevin

Love you all

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 29, 2008 7:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, leona, although tennessee sounds nice; there are some really pretty places there.

hang in there, and come talk to us whenever you need to; i'll leave the light on.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 3, 2008 4:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{Leona}}}

Planting a garden in the Spring or getting a pet helps with depression. I too get lonely and I have no children and my brothers stopped fooling with me. We need hope to cope sometimes so never give up on the hope.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 4, 2008 2:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending a big hug your way ((((Leona)))))...just take it one day at a time - and always remember there are people here that will listen and encourage you to hang in there! You are an important part of this family, never forget that we care and we are here.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2008 6:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chin up my friend, you have battled worse. I am so proud of you for not smoking and for posting how you are truly feeling....stick around here girl, you know you are among friends...true friends.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 13, 2008 5:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still here thank you to some really good friends that talked me out of suicide. I had a plan and was actually going to do it. One made me promise not to or he would follow me another tells me that I am worth something even though I really feel like I am worth nothing. Yes folks the depression has been at an all time low and it didn't help the X fianance sat there and watched me making the statement that he wouldn't stop me as it wasn't his responsiblity and that I would just try it again.

It is pretty bad when your best freinds are on the Internet the ones that actually care about whether you are going to live or die. And dying has been on my mind alot these last months. It has been very hard going and very lonely.

Barb we have a dog and I have 4 cats and they are wonderful to have around when you need someone to talk to and no one else is there.

Anyway I am going to go for now but I will return and let you all know how I am doing. Thank god for good friends even if they are on the internet.

Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 13, 2008 5:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you're here Leona.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 13, 2008 10:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

people are people, even if they're on the internet, leona - you should try to come around more often; we care (and there's nothing like offering support to others to give you a lift)...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: March 18, 2008 8:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still here guys with the help of some really good people and all on the internet to bad they aren't the same in my rl. but I plug on one day at a time one second one minute at a time. Just like with my quit with smoking this is taking the same kind of analogy. And believe me I thought there was nothing harder then quiting let me tell you this IS harder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: