quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FFS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motorcyclewoman

Quit Date:
March 10, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 4:02 AM    Post subject: FFS? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what the FFS does for people that quit smoking?
Do you get a lot of spam when you register there?
Is there some kind of chatroom, or does it work in the way a forum does?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 11:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered and never got spam......
Im also probably one of the only people that
never went through the program. Lazy and busy, I guess.
It wasnt that I didnt want to or need too, I just never went
back and did it! I registered and never went back.
Everyone here that I have heard liked it alot.
I have recommended it to people from all the good things
I have heard about it here.
I did read alot of kevins tales at the top of the page and
at www.whyquit.com.
anyway, you can wait for more replies, but I wouldnt worry about spam.
If it would help you-whats a little spam anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My avatars name is moon ray
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began my quit at FFS and ended up here after working all the modules. In my opinion, it's a great program, very educational and well worth the time. You'll also meet some newbies there with whom you can share the tough times. Naturally, you can do that here too and I hope you do.

As far as spam; I never got any.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 3:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program really helps you identify your smoking pattern, and recognizing that you have an addiction. It's designed to start before you quit, and encourages you to do work leading up to your quit date. But many people are already quit when they start, and you can adjust those parts. It's really two different programs....a group of lessons you go through at your own pace, with a separate "forum" support group message board. You can do both or either one. Personally, I don't like the message boards there, I find them very hard to navigate, and your posts easily get "lost' in the shuffle. Not good if you're looking for help or feedback.

Most all of the original posters here were also doing the Ffs program. It's definitly worth doing...and free. I occasionally get an E mail message from Mary Ella, the director of th program, but not any spam.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: March 15, 2008 4:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had quit before I found FFS, registered, like Pearl, and never went back and did the entire program.....I found this site much more user friendly and in many ways as good an educational experience as that site. Having said that, from all I have read here, the people who do complete the FFS work seem to really benefit from it, so I would recommend taking a look at it. Spam was never a problem.....
P.
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: April 7, 2008 11:51 AM    Post subject: FFS Quit Reply with quote

Hi,

I quit at FFS in December 2002. The site is wonderful. It is similar in that it offers the threaded message forum (although it is a little hard to use compared to Woofmang). I liked the lessons there. They helped me prepare for my quit and remain successful. There is a lot of material there to read and give you tools for coping. FFS does not spam and will not send you mailers unless you specifically sign up for them. I get two mailers per month, but I requested to receive them. Primarily because of an asthma and emphysema diagnosis. I wanted to stay current on information regarding that. If you are serious about your quit, I recommend three sites: Woofmang (love ya Kevin!), FFS and whyquit.com. This three sites were amazing to me!

Take care and enjoy the journey!

Love,
Sandi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: