quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Let's Walk Together!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: May 31, 2008 7:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I forgot to post yesterday! I worked out at Curves both yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be my much needed day of rest! I'm happy that I worked out all 5 days they were open this week. That's a Big Change in my behavior!!

Hope all the walkers and exercisers are doing great this weekend!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 31, 2008 8:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a 10 mile bike ride today and whined the half the time lol Woohoo!! I am going to sore!!!!

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 1, 2008 12:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not walk much today but did a lot of cleaning. I had been walking a lot every day though.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: June 1, 2008 7:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a run at 5 and now, Murphy and I are going to take a nice, long walk!
I'm so pleased that it is spring and I can do so many wonderful things!

Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 1, 2008 8:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this.
Belief #1: Something must change.
Do you kind of want to get into shape or do you absolutely have to lose the weight? Does dropping a few pounds sound nice or is living another day in your current body simply out of the question? In order to make a lasting change you must be convinced that the time is right.

Belief #2: I must change it.
It is vital that you take full responsibility in making the change. Sure, others may assist you, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this change enough to make it your personal mission-no one else will do it for you.

Belief #3: I can change it.
Don't let past failures get in your way. The truth is that you can do amazing things when you put your mind to it. Believe that you are capable of losing weight or making any other positive change in your life.

I printed it out and put it on the Frig.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: June 1, 2008 8:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!
Thanks, Patty!
Gidget

-Elaine Maxwell
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: June 6, 2008 6:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggy those are great points!!

Workout #5 for the week today at Curves. That computer is.....scary almost! It had me going today (this was a full 100% day for resistance) where I was JUST reaching the failure point by the last rep or two. I think the engineers that designed this stuff are pretty amazing.

The SMART computer thinks I burned 437 calories today. WOO HOO!! I'm also down 6 pounds since I returned to working out which I'm happy about. Now if only had had been smart enough to continue in January rather than become a slacker, I wouldn't be having to lose these pounds again that I lost before!!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT nicotine free exercise day!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: June 6, 2008 7:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo!
I just walked today, it was a day of rest!
Good for you, though, Doggy, I think it's terrific that you are going full on in your efforts.
Gidget

-Elaine Maxwell
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2008 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bike ride planned this weekend. What are you doing?

Patty
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 13, 2008 9:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a fun thread! Hey Patti! Bike ride sounds sooo good. Have a blast!!

Ok, if I knew where the pedometer was I'd wear it tomorrow. It'll be a day full of walking. So.....definitely will get the workout. Thankfully the weather says it'll be in the upper 70's in the Akron area. Nice! Cool

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 14, 2008 2:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 5K fun run in the morning on Sunday for Father's Day! I think it will be my last one here in Iraq! Think I'll try to make it my fastest one yet! I'd love to get it under 30 min - I've been getting to under 34 minutes - which isn't that great - Rolling Eyes but my best so far.... I'll just keep chanting...I think I can, I think I can.....and see what happens! Idea

Mostly walking and walking - moved out of my quarters to "transient" housing - its a much longer walk to work - and I'm back to 12hr shifts...yuck...but the end is in sight!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: June 14, 2008 7:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - this week has FLOWN by - I can't believe I haven't posted since 6/6!! I am proud to say that I have worked out each and every day that Curves has been open since starting back on 5/22. (They are closed on Sundays and holidays) I will finish out the week this morning once they hope at 7AM. (shorter hours on Saturday)

I'm looking forward to my monthly weight/measure which I plan to do next Thursday. According to my piece of evil shite scale at home (a Tanita which also measures body fat - supposedly....) I have lost about 7 pounds of FAT!!! That's amazing considering how I struggle with my weight in these days of marshmellows.

Mary Dude - the 5K fun run sounds...well....FUN!! 12 hour shifts on the other hand.......YUK.

Daggy a bike ride sounds awesome. Where do you ride? We have a forest preserve nearby that has a nice bike / walk / jog trail where a railroad line used to be. Your mention of biking made me think of that!! I should bug Mr. Doggy to pump up the tires and we take a couple dogs for a nice run.

Gidget good for you getting a walk in on your day of rest!!

Seabrez - welcome.

Happy active weekend everyone!

DG

Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: June 14, 2008 8:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
Everybody is doing GREAT!!!!!
I went to the beach yesterday, I don't think I will be running today, I burned my theighs. Owwwwie! I will take a good walk with the Murph (covered up, of course!) My face is as red as when I finished my first 5K!! Ha!
Mary, you go girl! Tomorrow, you KNOW you can!! Smile
All of us are behind you and wishing you a speedy return to boot! Just think, you can go to Curves soon!
Gidget

-Elaine Maxwell
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2008 7:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it...my last 5K in Iraq - time? not so good - 35:10...it was pretty hot - even at 0600....finished it...had blisters on a couple of my toes...ouch....I think I'll splurge on a new pair of running shoes when I get home! Counting down my days til Curves!
DG...you are seeing some great progress! I hope your weigh and measure goes well....a consistent exercise will really help with the marshmellow effects...I'm sure you will see progress!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2008 8:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary ~ what sounds "not so good" to you sounds great to me! You finished, didn't you? Some of us might not Sad New running shoes ~ great idea and nice reward for being home. Take care!

Essie
4/14/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: