quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yikes, she weighs 88 lbs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 9, 2008 10:21 PM    Post subject: Yikes, she weighs 88 lbs! Reply with quote

I saw my oldest sister today to surprise her with some health history she called and asked for....she looked horrible and only weighs 88 lbs...we are the same height and build and I pack a walloping 136 lbs...ok so I like to eat alot Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes She has emphysema and yes she still smokes...they are doing some testing on her heart also.. some of you may remember the tiff I had with my sisters over their inheritance ...the one who caused all the trouble is in horrible health also...high blood pressure, heart trouble, borderline diabetic, manic depressive, and on and on....Yes, she still smokes too. I have not seen her in over a year but was told by sister number 1 that she looked really bad....My sister told me today that if they gave her a death sentence she wanted to come stay with me and visit me before she died....my husband broke the moment and told her no way was she going to come up and scare the heck out of his horses....she cracked up laughing thank goodness....he said later he meant it....she looked so back they would run for the next county.

So, do you think you still want to light up another one? I am sure they would not mind you hanging out at the hospital with them....go ahead....make your choice and please choose life!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: April 9, 2008 10:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uff-da!
That is just awful! You are fortunate your husband shares your disinterest in sharing your home with her...I think it is also a good source of inspiration for all of us to walk the right path. YIKES!
I imagine, despite your disinterest in spending a bunch of time with her you are probably pretty conflicted. Big hug to you, Kay, I'm sorry you have to deal with such a tough situation.
Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 10, 2008 8:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, don't get me wrong...I did not mean I would not want to spend time with this sister at all...I was just emphasizing just how bad she looked and what a horrible state her health was in. I guess I am a little warped huh?
Anyway, the main message was not to let that happen to you.
Kay

Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: April 10, 2008 8:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
I'm sorry! I often DO miss the point until I sit square on it! Still, that would be very hard for me...
88 lbs is so very tiny.
Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 10, 2008 8:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that your sister's doing so badly, Kay. I do remember all the comotion about the inheritance and, yes, I'm thrilled that I no longer rely on cigarettes to get me through the tough times.

Good for hubby! I'm sure your sister will take your decision much better coming from him than from you.

Hang in there!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 10, 2008 5:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidget, she resembled a pencil or better yet a 9 or 10 year old instead of a 64 year old....I would have passed her on the street and not known who she was...her facial features have changed that much....all I can do is pray for them.

Jo, he said he was kidding with her but I believe they have an unspoken language between them....he told her yesterday, the best thing that ever happened to us was when sister #2 took her money out of the bank and relieved me from all the bull. Yes, I know in my heart I was right but still, I lost a sister...it is and will always be a sad spot for me even though my own health has improved. I took care of all of them for so long....

Kay

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 10, 2008 6:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((((Kay))))- wow - that's a tough situation - I'll keep everyone in my prayers. Its not easy to watch people you care about - slowing kill themselves....and wonder why its happening. Hang in there - and keep taking care of yourself!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: