quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Almost missed my 8 year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2012 8:38 AM    Post subject: Almost missed my 8 year! Reply with quote

Hey All! Been a long time! Just realized that today is my 8 year anniversary for quitting! I almost missed it and that is SUCH a good sign! I can remember when I thought I'd never get through it. The depression, the anxiety, the anger, the hunger, the fatigue, and the unknown were all so overwhelming...and yet here I am 8 years later and guess what...I got through it. I just always followed Kevin's advice of not smoking just for today and tomorrow will take care of itself...and it did. I don't even think about it as much anymore, but does that mean I'm safe, NO! If I smell someone light up that still smells so good to me and floods of memories start to rush in so I know I'm never safe. But I won't go back...I love being a non smoker in this new non smoking world. I love not missing my life anymore. For 8 years I have been able to "stay at the party" and I am never leaving again!

Thanks to everyone here who got me to this place, I couldn't have done it without you and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I may not be on this site anymore, but I am always here.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2012 9:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to a job very well done Kerry.....8 years ago so many of us were struggling to beat ole Scowling Demon one....so many of us made it. I am proud of you for being one of them....keep the path cleared old friend.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2012 9:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Kerry. You're now an official member of the Woofmang 8 Year Club. As Kay wrote, there are lots of us celebrating 8 years of freedom.

Congrats on knocking the socks off Scowling Demon .

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2012 4:25 PM    Post subject: EIGHT!!! Reply with quote

WTG Kerry!! EIGHT YEARS!! That is really fantastic! And almost missing it is also GREAT!! Thanks for sharing the day - and I totally agree...I feel sorry for those still living chained to a cigarette....so sad...I love life on this side of the smoke screen!! YEAH!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2012 9:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Congrats Kerry, So happy you stopped by to share your day! Not smoking is so great! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: