quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

flyers, posters, and business cards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2004 8:01 PM    Post subject: flyers, posters, and business cards Reply with quote

a couple of weeks ago, alison started a thread with a post called "The Crusader". in that post,
alison wrote:
I am just this side of standing on a street corner handing out flyers "Have you found Freedom From Smoking". I truly can not help myself. I have handed out this and ALA's website information so many times I am considering having cards made just to save time and my hand. It is so very important to me that I give this gift to as many as I can.

a number of people said what a good idea they thought it was (to have cards or flyers they could hand out), and so alison took action: she designed a flyer, a poster, and a template for printing business cards, and she asked me if i would post them here on the site where people could download and print them for their own use. i agreed.

the links are below. the easiest way to download them is to click on the appropriate link and choose "Save" in the dialog box that pops up - this will allow you to save the documents to your local machine, and you can then print as many as you like.

the flyer

the poster

the business card template

for those who don't have microsoft word (or another program that can open ".doc" files), here's a pdf version of the business card template:

business card template (in pdf format)

(pretty much everybody has the adobe acrobat reader; if you download the pdf file and double-click on it and nothing happens, go to adobe - http://www.adobe.com/ - and look for the free acrobat reader download.)

a word about the business card template: this template will work with any Avery business card kit that has ten cards per sheet. you can find these in your local office supply store (usually near the printer paper and supplies) or order them online directly from Avery (http://www.avery.com/ - look under "Product Catalog" for "Cards", then "Business Cards", and pick the appropriate product for whatever type of printer you're going to use). i got a kit that printed 200 cards for around $14 at my local "Staples" store.

the poster and the flyer will print on any standard 8.5" X 11" printer paper.

thanks, alison!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit

Last edited by kevin on March 8, 2005 10:24 AM; edited 2 times in total
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2004 8:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I go to take a look at them my computer says there is a virus in them and then my computer crashes.. can you put them up an image for those who'd like to view them?

-Zuzu
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 28, 2004 10:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Kevin for all his help, and to everyone whose response to my post let me believe that we could make a small diference.

This freedom has value independent of our support of others for what it does for us. But I belive in helping others we both strengthen our own quit and fufill a debt to all those who have come before us. I feel the need to do all I can to help other addicts to know the freedom I have found. When you find something beautiful and precious my first instinct is to share it with someone else. Help me to spread the word. Larger crusades were started by fewer determined souls that we have here. Take these to your work, grocery store, doctors office, anywhere you think smoker's might see them. You can lead a horse to water so he knows where it is when he is ready to drink. Knowledge is power.

I wish you peace.

alison
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 12:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zuzu wrote:
Everytime I go to take a look at them my computer says there is a virus in them and then my computer crashes.. can you put them up an image for those who'd like to view them?

i don't know why your computer is doing that, Zuzu; i've scanned all the files and there are no viruses. promise. the problem must be at your end; why don't you pm me - maybe i can help you figure it out.

i made a screen grab of a blow up of the business card template file:

and here's what the poster/flyer looks like:

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 12:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good! Very Happy I'll be using them Very Happy Thank you Alison and Kevin Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 11:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to open the files either. It doesn't say that theres a virus but it won't open???? Confused Confused

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 11:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the files are standard microsoft word documents; if you have the microsoft word program (or the ms office suite, which contains word) installed on your computer, they should open automatically when you click on the link. if they don't open automatically, right-click on the link and choose "Save target as..." from the pop-up menu; this will allow you to save the files to your computer.

then, if you have word installed, double-clicking the file should launch word and open the file. if you don't have ms word, most other word processing programs will have a converter to open word documents; just launch your word processor, choose "Open" from the file menu, navigate to where you put the files you downloaded, and double-click one of them.

if you still can't open them at home, you might want to try it from work (assuming you have ms word on your computer at work). however, if you do this, and your boss finds out and gets upset, i'll deny that i ever made any such suggestion...

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 29, 2004 12:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks Kevin and Alison. I just printed off the flyer. Friends of ours are coming today, and their adult daughter says she wants to quit....so I'll hand one out then.

By the way, we're smoking a turkey on the grill today.....they're really hard to get lit, but great once you get em going!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Paula

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 7, 2004 11:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam...

I'm so glad to hear that you are smoking a turkey, and not a cigarette

Yippee!!!

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrsGreatly

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 12:05 PM    Post subject: Radio in Australia Reply with quote

Ron and I think this is a good idea. We both enjoy listening to talk-back radio and usually have the radio on most mornings. There is a good show on that has a medical doctor on about 3 times a week to discuss assorted medical issues. They usually have many discussions on smoking, but I have never heard of any websites mentioned.
We are going to email the station and let them know about this site. We can't sing your praises high enough...There is a very strong anti-smoking campaign here in Australia and I know people would flock here if they knew about it.
We are also going to tell our personal physician about you and give her the webaddress to give to her patients who are trying to quit smoking...or a member of their family or friends thinking about quitting.
Today a good friend of ours stopped by for a visit...he is a marriage counselor and now he has the website to pass on to his clients. Our friend's wife took the address as well...her son wants to quit...she even paid for 2 sessions of hypnotherapy for him...after each session he lit up as soon as he hit the street...This guy really needs this place.
In fact, Ron and I should write every doctor in Victoria and let them know about this place for their patients.
This is going to be a great project.
Gotta go and get busy
Love
MrsGreatly

"If you have two loaves of bread, sell one and buy a flower; for the soul too has need of nurturing."
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2004 2:45 PM    Post subject: This is Great. Reply with quote

I just found this and think it will be something I will use. I live in a small town now - there are no programs for Smoking Cessation within 60 miles. Thank goodness I found FFS, and friends at FFS led me here. I can certainly share this with our doctors here as well as the nurse s(some of whom still smoke).

I'm like you Alison, first thing I think of when I find something wonderful or read something worthwhile is to share it.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

Kaye

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 3, 2004 1:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been telling everyone I know, even strangers, about the on line help I have received from Freedom From Smoking, why quit and woofmang's...After I told my doctor, I noticed on my next visit, that he had a poster made and had it taped to the window where you check in, letting his patients know about Freedom From Smoking.

I think it's a great idea to have the cards to hand out! Thanks!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 5, 2004 2:02 AM    Post subject: I Like It! Reply with quote

I don't have Word but it does give me an idea to do the flyers with what I do have, Microsoft Works. Thank you Alison and Kevin.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 9, 2004 5:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow such a great idea!! These will definitely come in handy Very Happy !!

Follow Your Bliss
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 7:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw two good stop smoking poster today - two cowboys riding into the sunset - as per the marlboro adverts - one simply saying to the other "hey Bob, I got cancer..:"

and another poster with a young couple having a passionate kiss and the title "don't smoke - it's better" Made me smile!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: